Friday, March 4, 2011

Replacement Batteries For My Portable Dvd Player

The Go Betweens: MAGIC IN THIS TIME IS HERE

My horoscope today pessimistic. "In the afternoon," predicted it, "you must realize that not everything you have in your hand. It could be that you have suffered a setback. "My mood, the prediction has been adjusted. Whenever I feel so and have my mp3 player there, I stöpsle the plugs in their ears and hear the Go Betweens . I'm not a fan-type, certainly not a groupie. Even as a football fan, I'm outside the stadium and beyond the 90 minutes of the game very moderate. The Go Betweens, but I look so much a part of my everyday life that you could compare it with even the veneer of fans who consider themselves good friends with their idols. My musical "awakening experience" I had with "The Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, David Bowie, then, of course, PUNK, PUNK, PUNK, later The Smith and The Fall.

The Go Betweens
but I mean more than any other. In their music I had never einhören me. She was always there, right there where I wanted to or had already or was or where I came from. Of course, it also played a role, that they were no mere boy-band, but played the drums Lindy Morrison and Amanda Brown, violin. (A little bit of my thoughtless joy reflected in this situation my former naivete regarding your own situation. When they parted, Grant McLennan and Robert Forster made the among themselves. Morrison, Brown learned only later from the decision. My friend S. says: "So we thought we were, we play with equal rights in truth we were playing... their songs. ") Probably, there was always a rivalry between McLennan and Forster, both gifted songwriter, fascinated by text and pictures, well read, skurrill, enigmatic. They created for the Go Betweens, a catchy sound, but always remained "on the edge" in a relaxed posture and melodic harmony rests and surreal images included Robert Forster was the type that I felt attracted to, much closer.: the dark, brooding. But it was always a peculiar way McLennan caused by disguised melancholy merriment, from those songs that touched me the most: Right Here .

I read that they are regarded as "one of the most underrated bands. Well, "us" they were not. In the 80 years, the Go Betweens, one of the most important bands for almost everyone with whom I had closer contact. "Spring Hill Fair ( Five words) and" 16 Lovers Lane ( Streets of your town ) were albums that had everyone have r. That they separated hurt. In retrospect, this separation of a band that I loved, at the end of 1989 for me with a sharp turning point in their lives. This is of course a coincidence. Or not. In 2000 she applied for a decade break out again a brilliant album, "The Friends of Rachel Worth ( He lives my life ) Forster had lived in the deep forest near Regensburg (since he was with the German musician. Karin Baumler was together), while Grant McLennan had included, inter alia, " Easy come easy go " back in Queensland. " Oceans Apart", released in 2005, her last album. In May 2006, Grant was found dead in his home in Brisbane. He was only 48 years old.

feel on days like today I very strongly how much I'd like Grant McLennan could still write some songs and import. Forster plays like a well already in the 90s, solo albums. "The Evangelist " is an album that I like. But I miss Grant McLennan's quieter voice. Robert Forster was always the more prominent, more visible. McLennan could be heard in a very delicate and tender vulnerability and melancholy way, can not so "sophisticated" to come along, as in Robert Forster is sometimes the case. McLennan played with gentle irony, where Forster was also ever sarcastic. They had probably not always easy each other. But they did each other well -.. Magic in here "and the songs they played for us on days like this, I hear it is not all good but it feels a bit better at.

song lines of McLennan / Forster inspire any text for " Melusine featuring Armgard .

0 comments:

Post a Comment