Sunday, December 26, 2010

Any Restaurants Like Dave & Busters In Ny

Psychiatric State Hospital Wiesloch

1969 I began training as a nurse in the former psychiatric hospital (PLK) Wiesloch. A good friend had begun there training. The station where I knew it my service was called at that time, "MAR I", which is an abbreviation for "men receiving Quiet" was. This division was initially admitted to any man who is not noticed by special or aggressiveness was immobilized. This meant that stayed in this house, the mentally handicapped, alcoholics and drug addicts in withdrawal, people with depression, survivors of a suicide attempt as well as people with psychoses and neuroses together. The aggressive patients were (worried MU men's) in the wards I and MU MU II. In the MU stations there were, in addition to the existing MAR Fixing possibilities, the so-called rubber cells. All I know of homes were "closed" institutions. This meant that all the doors were locked and had only nursing staff with appropriate keys through the doors. The stations were organized in a strictly hierarchical, the line was at the doctors, among them were the nurses station and according to the nurses at this level of training and years of service. The entire nursing staff, including trainees as I was at the age of 16 to 18 years, paused to act with authority and "special needs" of patients is not possible to grant.

patients were found in this Institute structure, as in prisons, sometimes more or less cope. They found out pretty quickly, who was from the nursing staff and unsafe behind the artificial, often had only by the possession of a key related to freedom, authority, and who hide them seriously as people took.

I noticed very soon on Mr. V., a man about 70 years from Mannheim, the distribution of the drugs at his tablets always kept in the mouth and discarded in an unobserved moment believed in the patient toilet. Mr. V. also regularly trained his muscles by sit-ups, push-ups and just lifting chairs. In an interview, he confided to me why he was "in the institution "was. He worked until his retirement for a large chemical company and was convinced that agents wanted to ruin this group's health and sought after his life He was well aware that ultimately this" paranoia "was the him in this organization brought. He seemed not to disturb but, since he is here feel safe. was working for him that he was to inaction and "dawn to himself," one convicted. There were no therapists or family members, who really cared about him.

was another result of our conversation that he likes to watercolor drawing would. He did not color the opportunity to brush, pens and handmade paper to buy. On the one hand because he did not have enough pocket money possessed. Second, because he was locked away and had no way to leave the hospital and see a shop in the city. My offer that I 50, - DM wanted to borrow from my parents for him to obtain the necessary utensils, he reluctantly took first in disbelief, but to enthusiastically. He wrote to me on exactly what he needed and had tears in my eyes when I handed him a day later the things. Now a general and appreciative amazement sat in the hospital under the care staff and other patients one made by means of the high-quality and beautiful watercolors that Mr. V. was able to. He sold it to the weekend visitors to the other patients for small money. His motives were mostly landscapes from European forests. Other motives were drawings of deserts, oases and camels. Very rarely portraits were among them. All these watercolors created from scratch. Within a few weeks ago I had the 50th - DM my parents got back, and a further sum of it to buy additional accessories and handmade paper. As a reward for my efforts I got watercolors that my parents and enjoyed for many years adorned the wall of her living room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment